Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nonconformist

I will never be an Olympic athlete. Or play World Cup football/soccer. I do hope to run a marathon (or a few of them) some day. Maybe even a triathlon. But I know that I will always sit on the sideline watching elite athletes do their thing and admire them for it.

And that is where I will be for the 2010 WIP Cup on Ravelry too. Suzanne alerted me to this great challenge but, to my dismay, I am too late to join officially. Despite the fact that I didn’t sign up for the challenge on time, I am going to do it anyway, my way. Here is my strategy, blatantly breaking many of the 2010 WIP Cup rules:

• I am participating even though I am joining after the official start date.
• The only thing ‘official’ that I’m going to offer up here are before and after pictures.
• My end goal is to have WIPs finished by July 11th like everyone else.
• I have two knitting WIPs in mind. One has been sitting for over a month awaiting completion (this is in accordance with the rules). One has not been sitting for at least a month but I’m going to work on it anyways (this is against the rules).
• I might add other WIPs as I go along. Heck, they might not even be knitting projects!
• I will be watching some of the World Cup while I’m knitting. I’ve already watched a little without knitting and it was on day one so I still feel like I’m ‘in the game’ (no pun intended ;)!).


I am not knocking the 2010 WIP Cup rules, by the way. I know that you need rules, especially for what I hope will be a rousing competition. And I will be following the results with great interest. I am just going to be sitting on the sidelines playing with myself - ahem - knitting up my own little game.

Anyone else want to join me?

And, in accordance with my nonconformist rules, WIP # 1 (which I’m hoping might just push me over the edge to add a third WIP as I have so little left to finish on them):



And WIP # 2:



Wish me luck. May the knitters with the most WIPs win!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent work changing the rules! I might play with you. Though there is not much soccer watching going on here. Ken is renovating the bathroom and all spare time is going to that. Thankfully. I have a sweater and sock too.

froggiemeanie said...

Oooh...you've been here for a week and I didn't even KNOW! I'm so excited! I might be on your coast at the end of July, beginning of August. Wheeee!

Yarnhog said...

I'm not following the rules perfectly, either, although I did sign up. So you can consider me part of your team!