Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Remember Me?

Hi there! Remember me? I cannot believe I’ve missed more than a month before posting another blog post. For shame!

Here’s a little glimpse into some of the things we’ve been up to:

Playing with parts of Daddy’s uniform:

My Daddy is in the Air Force!

One of the reasons I’ve been so blog negligent – laundry. Yes, this is the clean pile and yes, I thought that a clean laundry pile this large deserved to be posted on the Internet.

Working hard to make Daddy a handmade Valentine’s pressie:


And going home to visit Grandma and Grandpa in Newfoundland for a week. Bliss!
Are you ready for some big news? Yes, Suzanne and Elizabeth’s suspicions were correct. On July 4, 2009, DH, Iain and I are expecting a new addition to the family. Yep, that would also be Iain’s second birthday. Yes, I’ve heard comments about my organisational abilities already, thank you.

I am now 23 weeks pregnant and I’m very slow posting about this pregnancy because A) I didn’t want to jinx it (we had many, many problems before Iain), B) there’s a significant case of ‘second child’ syndrome around here. That means, there are no pictures of me pregnant (yet) and only one ultrasound picture taken at 12 weeks and C) I was throwing up violently for the first four months. Feeling sick and writing eloquent (have I ever?) blog posts do not go hand in hand. This does not mean that we are not thrilled with this news. We are absolutely thrilled. My belly button became an ‘outie’ within days of becoming pregnant and, when I tell Iain and there’s a baby in there, he pulls up my shirt and presses on my belly button! He is too young to really understand what all of this means but we’re having fun with the concept just the same.

Alright, I promise, I will post a pregnancy pose soon. Just as soon as I take one…

5 comments:

Eileen said...

Congratulations! Hope all goes well and you have an easy time of it.

froggiemeanie said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. Congrats again!

You know we are gonna nag you silly till you put up a picture, don't you?

Yarnhog said...

Oh, Congratulations!

I've been checking every day to see if you were posting it yet. :)

Elizabeth said...

CONGRATULATIONS! There couldn't have been a happier reason for your absence and it's wonderful to hear that you're feeling better and that baby is growing happily. Enjoy these exciting months ahead and make sure you take as much time for relaxation as you can (I'm not saying "you'll need your energy for two" or anything...of course not...mwah ha ha). Such happy happy news.

JustApril said...

wow 23 weeks (but wait that was over a week ago, so now 24) your more than half way baked already =) I'm so happy for you! Congrats! My sister had her first two on the same day two years apart, pretty wild. Can't wait to see your belly