Friday, September 19, 2008

On The Road Again

There will be a brief commercial interruption here at Fibreholic while DH, Iain and I fly to Kingston, ON (via Toronto), making this coming weekend a long weekend for us (and that would be why I am on the low post side this week. I’ve been busy doing laundry and packing!). I will be back the middle of next week. Yes, although they are not in the bag yet, I considered which knitting projects to take before I decided on clothes. A true knitter am I!

Until I return, here is some knitting candy to keep you entertained. The picture at the beginning of this post is of my second Fetching glove yesterday morning.


And here is the completed set yesterday evening – a full FO!

Let’s see that again!


I’m very pleased with this knit. I followed the pattern to the letter for this, my first Fetching pair. For my next pair, I will be experimenting with the bind off, finger length, etc. Although the picot bind off the pattern calls for is pretty, is does curl quite a bit. This particular FO is a pressie for someone who uses a computer a lot and has a propensity for being cold. I felt the bind off curl was okay as it allows your fingers to move very freely which is a good thing when using a keyboard.

Details: I used some of two balls of Mission Falls merino wool (I used 'Mallow' 025) on 3.25 mm DPNs. There’s enough yarn left over to add to something else or for a very small project.

Just to keep you up to date on other knitting progress, I managed to get to my LYS on Wednesday and picked up a longer Addi Turbo for my Not-So-Shrunken cardie. Here’s a progress shot.

I really have only knit a row to get the sweater moved over onto the longer circular but I think I had knit some since I last posted a progress shot so you might notice some movement forward.

And, last but not least, we had our first hard frost last night. Yes, fall is coming – my favourite time of the year! Here is a photo of our last rose of the summer. My sweet boy was behind me saying “Mmm! Mmmm!” as I was taking this picture. It turns out he wanted up so that he too could smell the rose and say “Mmm!” more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! Your fetching is lovely, I like the color.

froggiemeanie said...

It is wrong that I'm jealous that you had frost. Bad allergy year.

Too bad you weren't coming to TO via TO. We could hang out!

Yarnhog said...

Love the Fetching!

We only get frost about every three years, usually right after I put the garden in in April.

Have a lovely trip!

Lydee said...

aw, love the last rose of summer pic. Frost already! Goodness, it's that time of year. Enjoy your trip.

Elizabeth said...

Gawrsh - those mitts really are so pretty (I know I said it before but they are even better as a pair!).

Purple fetching and a frosty rose, yup Fall is arriving.