Sunday, August 26, 2007

Blogiversary Knit Candy

To ensure lots of participation, here are a few shots of my blogiversary prizes - hand dyed gorgeousness from the Fleece Artist:



It’s the Fleece Artist’s Somoko, made of 65% Merino, 20% Kid, 10% Nylon and 5% silk. It is also – gasp! – machine washable!. The pattern on the label is for Cherry Swirl socks but I’m sure you could do a lot of other things with this sweet little skein, if you choose to accept this blog’s contest mission. Here's another picture of the colourway that is a little fuzzy but gives you a great idea of the colours offered in this little bundle of joy.


This next prize is quite unique. Who said knitting needles were just for knitting? I offer you a wearable needle!


It’s a vintage knitting needle curved into a bracelet. I believe it’s exclusively available from Gaspereau Valley Fibres, a lovely knitting store (perhaps my new LYS even though it’s 45 minutes away?) that I will blog about later this week. The bracelet itself is from Flying Dragon Designs in Canning, Nova Scotia. I was not able to find a website for Flying Dragon but will post one as soon as/if I become aware of one.

Hopefully these glimpses of knitting candy rock your world enough for you to enter my contest! See my August 24, 2007 post for details.

Make sure you head on over to Elizabeth's at The Transplanted Knitter for news on her charity of choice!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn! and the bracelet, although it looks dangerous LOL.

Hope the cleaning/organizing goes well!

...Sarah said...

This was a really good way the get to know you better! I am almost finished my answers.

I support the Heart and Stroke Foundation (H&S). Before the babies I tried a learn to row program for H&S. It is a cause close to my heart because my Grandpa passed way too young of a heart attack and my Nana suffered from some mini strokes when she was alive. This year was my first year rowing again after the babies and I rowed in honour of our friend's baby who was born with transposition of the great arteries (TGA), http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/HeartConditions/Transposition-of-the-Great-Arteries-TGA.aspx?articleID=6907&categoryID=HC-nh2-04s. He has had successful surgeries at Toronto SickKids Hospital (another worthy charity). If not for the money raised by H&S there may not have been a successful surgical option.

I also support the Princess Margaret Weekend to End Breast Cancer. My friend was diagnosed last year at only 32 years of age and finished her final treatment this year. I am very glad to support her recovery and triumph in any way I can.

...Sarah said...

Those are very lovely gifties. What a cool bracelet.

JustApril said...

Cool stuff! That's a neat idea for a bracelet.